Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Wednesday In Numbers

Yesterday was one of THOSE days. I know you all know what I'm talking about. The kind of day that leaves you in a state where your husband knows better than to come home and ask you what you're making for dinner...unless he wants to die. To avoid reliving the awefulness by recounting the events of the day in vivid detail...I'll just share with you, my day in numbers.

15- Number of minutes Sissy and Bubble were late for school.
2- Number of extra kids that showed up at my door at 8:00 in the morning
1- Number of toddlers who woke up on the wrong side of the bed, AND are in the process of being weaned from a pacifier...YIKES!
4- Number of children I gave fruit snacks to
4- Number of children I asked in advance to dispose of thier wrappers properly.
4- Number of children who thought the floor was just as good as a garbage can...
4- Number of children who are no longer allowed to leave the kitchen with snacks.
1- Load of laundry done.
1- Call from Grandma dodged, because I don't have time to talk about peroxide.
1-Visit from my Visiting Teacher.
5- Number of events that formed a "perfect storm" within a 3 minute period, that made my visiting teacher run for the hills!
30- Minutes to feed my kids lunch and get them ready to go.
27- Number of pretzels thrown on the floor
5- Minutes I was running late.
2- "Where the heck are your shoes!"
3- Hours volunteering at the Elementary School.
2- Teachers helped.
300- Copies made.
2-Random things inadvertantly printed on transparencies.
18- "Mittens" traced and cut out.
2- Hole punches jammed
1- Much needed Dr. Pepper.
3- Children to grab from school. (Sissy, Bubble, and a friend's kid... "N")
1/2- Number of miles to walk to "N" 's house.
3- Number of times "N" told me he walks on the street by himself.
1- Number of times I watched as "N" tried to demonstrate walking on the busy street.
1- The number I almost went in my pants.
3- Obscenities overted as I screamed for him to get off the road...NOW.
1- Mother I informed about her son's little stunt.
1- Number of kids who called me a liar.
2- Excuses made about why he was walking on the street.
1- Unamused, me.
90- Minutes 'til Daddy comes home.
27- Dollars spent to "make" dinner at McDonald's because Roon knows better than to make me cook on a day like that.

Have you ever had one of THOSE days?

No comments: