Sunday, January 3, 2010

Allow me to introduce myself...

It just occured to me, which tells you just how slow I actually am, that I never formally introduced myself. Now, this will just be a small sampling of who I am, because I will entertain and amuse you with little known facts about me one day a month, but who wants to read my phycho babble if they have no idea who I am?! I wouldn't! Anyway, despite what my children tell you, I am a "young" mom of 4. Like the name of my blog suggests, symmetry is very important in my household. So much so, that my husband blessed me by giving me children spaced almost perfectly apart, and in the order of girl, boy, boy, girl. My youngest was born before my oldest even turned 5, and no...none of them are twins. Simply telling you this information, would suggest that I have a few screws loose, and I would have to concur with that assessment. I have been married, and disgustingly happy with my best friend for 10 years, and if looking back is any indicator of what is to come...BRING IT ON!!! I am blessed that my husband is so amazing, and makes a good enough living that it is not necessary for me to work, so I live the high life every day, eating Bon Bons, sleeping in, and watching soaps. What? That's not what you do as a SAH mom? You must be doing it wrong! I adore my children, but love that I only have 2 at home with me during the day, so I can sometimes find some "ME" time to fulfill my hobbies, or at least try to take a shower without an audience. A Texan at heart, but not by birth, I am addicted to Dr. Pepper, and would probably swim in a fountain of it, if there were such a thing. I wish I could call myself a "homemaker", but I think that in order to be one, you would have to occasionally attempt to keep a clean house, but as is my mantra..."cleaning your house before your children stop growing, is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing". I just don't see the point most days. I'd rather read a book with my kid rather than clean a toilet. Who wouldn't? I hope this information is enough to prove to you that we are really kindred spirits, and inspires you to hang in there with me, as I reveal more real and disturbing facts about myself. I promise...I don't bite!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey hey hey!!! You really are another bloggy twin! :) Thanks for the facts - I needed them!