Sunday, August 15, 2010

Si Estás Feliz y Lo Sabes...

CLAP YOUR HANDS!


For those who didn't know, my title says "If you're happy and you know it..."

I'm linking up with Mamarazzi today, to share with you my Happy List

The first thing on my happy list this week, was the arrival of this: 
24 tubes of Natural Ice!  Not only do I now have my favorite lip balm back, but I also have a spot in my linen closet that smells quite similar to a cough drop.  TOTALLY worth it, to be able to have this stuff!  LOVE IT!!!

Yesterday, I went to a baby shower for a friend of mine.  My favorite gift to give is a BIG basket full of baby essentials.  Usually, I fill the bottom of the basket with tissue paper to make it more attractive, but this time I had another thought.  I remembered when I WON THIS, and I wondered if I could make one similar...

Turns out, I can!

I wish now, that I would have looked back at my post about my winnings, because I actually had bought some ribbon to be able to put on it, I just couldn't remember exactly how it was supposed to go.  Silly me.  I think it turned out pretty cute though!  It was a hit at the party, and the mom to be LOVED IT. 

The last thing on my happy list should actually be on all of YOUR happy lists as well...
IT'S QUINCE QUOTE TIME!!!

I'm actually holding my head in shame right now, because I still haven't put Teresa's winnings in the mail from last month...*blush* I blame the post trip fog, mixed with the getting ready for school to start chaos. 

This month's quote is: 
"If you were my kids, I'd punish you."

Here are your chances to win:

  1. BLOG ABOUT MY GIVEAWAY! (5 entries)- To receive entries for this, you must at least take a stab at which movie it came from. You are not required to get the answer right, just give it a shot.
  2. FOLLOW MY BLOG! (3 entries). This is a fairly new one. However, if you want entries for following, and you are not one of my regular visitors, I am going to have to ask that you read and comment on at least one other blog entry of mine. This way, I know you also want to be bloggy friends. If I'm willing to spend my time, money, and effort to make you a custom prize package...you can at least pretend to care, right? Right.
  3. CORRECTLY NAME THE MOVIE THE QUOTE CAME FROM!- 1 entry- This may only get you one entry, but it is REQUIRED to get entries for anything EXCEPT blogging about my giveaway.
  4. CORRECTLY GUESS THE CHARACTER WHO DELIVERED THE QUOTE!
  5. CORRECTLY NAME THE ACTOR/ACTRESS WHO PLAYED THE CHARACTER!
  6. SUPPLY LINE DELIVERED EITHER IMMEDIATELY BEFORE, OR IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE QUOTE!
  7. QUOTE ANOTHER LINE FROM THE MOVIE!- If you make me laugh, you automatically get a BONUS entry! This is unlimited, so if you know the movie well, you could really blow everyone else away!
Please leave one comment per answer you give, or task you complete.  I will keep track for you. 
You have until August 20th, at 11:59 pm. central time to get your answers in.  The winner will be announced on the 21st. 
GOOD LUCK!!!

If you want to know what Quince Quote is, and what the prize includes, click on any of the past winners on my sidebar.  It's totally worth it, I promise!

33 comments:

shortmama said...

Its from Little Rascals!

shortmama said...

Said by Mr. Welling!

shortmama said...

Next line from Stymie is "If we were your kids wed punish ourselves!"

shortmama said...

Mr Welling was played by Mel Brooks

shortmama said...

Blogged about it

shortmama said...

I follow

shortmama said...

Alfalfa: Well, let's see... today's the 10th, 30 days hath September, April, June, and November. It's not a leap year... yyyesterday.

Unknown said...

Dear Darla,

I hate your stinking guts. You make me vomit. You're the scum between my toes.

Love,
Alfalfa

Unknown said...

Quick! What's the number for 911?!

shortmama said...

Alfalfa: I'm not ashamed of you I'm proud of you... I just don't want anyone to see you.

shortmama said...

Alfalfa: I'm not ashamed of you I'm proud of you... I just don't want anyone to see you.

Unknown said...

We are he-man woman haters! We feed girls to alligators!

shortmama said...

George "Spanky" McFarland: Keep it, you might need it when you grow up!

shortmama said...

Buckwheat: We've got a dollar, we've got a dollar, we've got a dollar, hey, hey, hey, hey.

shortmama said...

Stymie: I... Stymie... Member in good standing of the He-Man Woman Haters Club... Do solemnly swear to be a he-man and hate women and not play with them or talk to them unless I have to. And especially: never fall in love, and if I do may I die slowly and painfully and suffer for hours - or until I scream bloody murder.

Unknown said...

I'm usually a lover, not a fighter. But in your case I'm willing to make an exception.

Unknown said...

Finders keepers, losers suck.

shortmama said...

Buckwheat: Quick, what's the number for 911?

shortmama said...

Uh Huh: Actually, I've always had a rather extensive vocabulary, not to mention a phenomenal grasp of grammar and a superlative command of syntax. I simply chose not to employ them.

Unknown said...

When was the last time we beat you up?

We'll lets see...today is the 10th. 30 days hath September, April, June and November. It's not a leap year...yyyyesterday?

Unknown said...

Little Rascals is the best!

Unknown said...

Following line: If we were your kids we'd punish ourselves.

Macey said...

That towel looks great!!

Mamarazzi said...

the towel is darling...like super cute!!

Brooks said...

Wow. I was actually going to enter, but now I'm intimidated...

Just know that I am a genius and that you're making one of those towel-thingys for my next baby.

The End.

Allyson said...

I'm with Brooks. I was totally going to comment, but then I saw the number of entries and panicked.

However, I'm going to try anyway. Here goes:

Movie title is "The Little Rascals."

Allyson said...

Mr. Welling said it.

Allyson said...

Mel Brooks played Mr. Welling

Allyson said...

Lines before and after (copied and pasted from imdb.com)

Mr. Welling: [Stymie and Spanky go into a bank trying to get a loan disguised as two Amish men] What is your account...number?
George "Spanky" McFarland: Uh, seven.
Mr. Welling: Seven?... seven?
Billy "Froggy" Laughlin: Try eight.
George "Spanky" McFarland: Eight?
Mr. Welling: Heard enough. If you were *my* kids, I'd punish you.
Stymie: If we were *your* kids, we'd punish ourselves!

P.S. That is the best part of the movie. Larkin and I quote that all the time. "Seven? . . . Try eight!"

Allyson said...

We're goin' to the race, we're gonna win first place, and you have an ugly face!

Allyson said...

Alfalfa: Why am I soaking wet?
Porky: Don't worry, Alfalfa. I used to have the same problem.

Allyson said...

Darla: When he sings, he makes me melt like a Popsicle on the fourth of July.

Myya said...

Love the towel... soooo cute! Ummm, can you say Shortmama is a little nerotic about wanting to win. She is in it to win it! HA, I love her entusiasum!