Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One Track Mind

The first day of school went well yesterday.  Sissy loves her new teacher.
When I asked Bubble if he liked his new teacher he said "I don't want to say.  If I say, you'll tease me."
Oops.
I might have made one too many jokes about his teacher last year being his "girlfriend".  My bad.
He finally admitted that he did, in fact, like her once I swore on a can of Dr. Pepper that I would not tease him. 
 My favorite thing about their first day, is that for once they didn't come home with mountains of paperwork for me to fill out.  YAY!
One thing that Bubble did bring home from school, was a "getting to know you" assignment, in the form of a paper bag.  The directions stated that you were supposed to fill it with things that would show the class something about you.  The catch, was that you had to pick one thing for each category included. 
Due Friday.
Since very often we are THAT family that ends up half a$$ing projects because we forget about them until the morning they're due- I opted to get a head start on this one. 
I sat down to go over the categories and brainstorm what we could put in the bag. 
This is how it went...
"What's a hobby or freetime activity you enjoy?"
"Playing my D.S.?"
"Cool!  What's 'one of your favorites'?"
"My D.S.  I LOVE my D.S.!"
"Okay, well, I don't think we should use your D.S. for two things, how about we do your favorite color?"
"Alright."
"Future plans or goals?"
"Huh?"
"It means, What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I don't know.  I'm bored.  Can I go upstairs now?"
"Not yet.  Moving on...what's something you would like to do better?"
"Beat levels on my D.S."
"Bubble.  Not every one of these answers can be about your D.S.!"
(At this point, he managed to answer two questions without mentioning his D.S.)
"What was the best part of your summer vacation?"
"When I got my D.S. for my birthday!"
"Ugh."
"Something that reminds you of a special time in your life?"
"My D.S.!  It reminds me of the birthday, when I got my D.S.!"
(At this point, I considered trying to slit my wrists with the sheet of paper)
"Something that you really don't like?"
"When you won't let me play my D.S.."
"Something that you're good at?"
"Beating the levels on my D.S.."

I may be mistaken, but I think the boy wanted an excuse to take his D.S. to school.  Yeah.  Right.  Like that's gonna happen...

I think the boy needs a hobby.  Oh wait!  He has one!  His D.S.!!!

7 comments:

Mama-Face said...

should be easy to fill that paper bag.

ah. teachers and their crazy ideas. I'm waiting for the mountain of paper that will be coming home today.

:)

shortmama said...

This sounds like trying to get Rhiannon to do her spelling sentences every week...sometimes she comes up with the most off the wall things!

Brooks said...

Ah, ha, ha! Sounds so much like Ethan, I am crying out of frustration for you! When it comes to projects like that, I figure that I know him better than he knows himself anyway. I save myself the time and aggrivation and just fill the dinkin' bag myself.

Bad Mommy. Bad, bad, Mommy.

Macey said...

Oh geez. That's funny, though!
Hey, new header?? Where's your new design....?

Emmy said...

Lol! Yes if he can relate pretty much everything back to it he just might be obsessed.

Mamarazzi said...

too cute about his teacher...and yes, for the love of all things DS we have a slight affection for ours over here too!

mama loves me some Big Brain Academy.

Myya said...

My neices & nephew are huge DS lovers too. When my girls visit they try to play it all the time. Electronics totally win every time huh... what happened to good ole board games (sure would make Christmas & Birthday's a little cheaper huh!)
Are you getting a new blog design??? Your header is different.