Monday, August 30, 2010

Potatoes Au Rotten

My pantry has always smelled different.
When we first moved into the house, I thought it was because it was new, and the paint was extra potent. 
Later, I blamed it on the fact that we stored so many different things in there, and bought a scented candle to keep it smelling fresh.
About 2 weeks ago, the weird smell returned. 
I couldn't, for the life of me, think of what it could be. 
An ivestigation surfaced a probable suspect in the form of a bag of slightly wilted russet potatoes.
When the smell didn't go away by 2 days later, I reopened the case.
This time a questionable sippy cup and cracked jar of green olives were placed in a lineup.
When this did not offer relief, with the smell getting weirder and then more rancid, I launched an assault on the pantry.
I moved everything I thought I had moved previously.
I looked under things I am almost positive I had previously looked under.
And...
Have you ever seen a liquified potato?  I have. 
You're welcome for not taking pictures.

7 comments:

shortmama said...

I have seen liquid potatoes...yuck!

Jennifer said...

ICK I BETTER GET RID OF THE POTATOES GROWING IN MY PANTRY THEN...THIS REMINDED ME OF THE ICKY SMELL I HAD TO SEARCH THIS WEEKEND COMING FROM MY 6 YR OLD SONS BEDROOM.
I SWEAR TO ME IT SMELLED LIKE A DEAD RAT...TURNED OUT THE LIL PAIN PEED IN HIS TRASH CAN...HE LUCKY I DIDNT THROW HIM OUT WITH IT!

Macey said...

Oh! The potatoes thing has happened to me too!!!!!

Mamarazzi said...

EW! thanks for not posting.

i am weird about smells and such. my fridge and pantry get a once over every week on garbage night. the hubz thinks i am insane but i grew up in a house that always had something molding in the back of the fridge.

*GAG*

Emmy said...

What is it with potatoes?? They are so easy to forget about and not use in time.

Myya said...

Awe man I wanted to see the liquid potatoes! Just Kidding. Yucky, yuck, yuck YUCK!

Jess said...

I had the same problem in my pantry last week! Gross. And thank you for no pics.