Monday, August 23, 2010

Hooked on Fonix

Today was the day! 
The day I had waited for all summer.
I got to shout my 3 most favorite words in the English language...
TIME FOR SCHOOL!!!
And it, was glorious.
I don't mean to sound like I don't love my kids, because that is so NOT the case.  I loved having them home, but I'm sure most of you can relate to the final month of summer vacation fight fest. 
One day, I spent a good portion of the morning referreeing fights over one particular toy that we have 4 of. 
We no longer have even 1 of that toy.
So, how did Sissy and Bubble handle their first day back?
Differently.

Sissy is a total girly-girl.  As soon as she spotted this ensemble in the store, she just HAD to have it for the first day of school.  I'm all for supporting my kids in making a good impression, so I said yes.  Don't worry.  She's far too fancy of a girl to let this be the only time she wears it...


Bubble, on the other hand, was a little harder to convince.  "I think you should wear this." I encouraged.  "You'd look so handsome"...

It was like pulling teeth.  I assured him that he could pick his own outfit tomorrow.  I just couldn't agree to the Lego Star Wars shirt on the first day of school.
Roon gathered them up, and dropped them off at school. 


But it was far too crowded inside to stop for pictures by their classrooms. 
How are the rest of us handling two less children at home?
Bug and Boo are going through sibling withdrawals.  I spent 2 hours this morning just holding and cuddling Boo, because she didn't know what to do without Sissy. 
I'm okay with that.  It's not very often that I get unrestricted cuddles from my 2 1/2 year old. 
Roon's report was that Sissy couldn't wait to get to school, while Bubble was a bit more apprehensive.  That is, he wouldn't even talk to his teacher. 
Let's hope the rest of his day went better than the first 3 minutes. 
I'll let you know...

5 comments:

The Ninja said...

I love school...I think kids should go as soon as they can speak and all year round.

Myya said...

Awwweeee they look great! Isn't it so funny how differently they each react. Amira starts preschool in a month. She is BEYOND excited! I haven't decided how I feel yet... really excited but also a bit sad. I'm sure I'll get over the sad part quickly since the house will be a little more quite for at least a couple hours. :) It will also be kind of neat to see how the younger two will interact wihtout big big sister here.

Macey said...

Awww, your kids are adorable!!! And also? You are really tall. Look at your shadow! lol

Emmy said...

Yes two less kids around really does change things. I hope their first day went well.

shortmama said...

They look so cute!