Friday, August 27, 2010

I Swear, Therefore It's Friday!

Yes, I already did one post today.  But, it feels like it's been forever since I've linked up with my pal MiMi for her weekly party, so I'm posting again.  So sue me!  Maybe that can be YOUR F Bomb for the week...

I have had a very productive few days.  Yesterday, because of my accomplishments, Roon decided I needed a special treat.  He asked what I wanted, and I told him I didn't care as long as it came with a side of a Route 44 Dr. Pepper from Sonic.  It was decided that he would also get me a Butterfinger Sonic Blast.  No whip cream, extra Butterfinger.  Otherwise known as "Heaven in a cup". 

Roon returned, and when he did, he set my drink in front of my as I feverishly worked to finish up a large vinyl order we had been working on. 

I didn't see my ice cream, so I assumed Roon had been a sweetheart and put it in the freezer for when my work was done, and I could really enjoy my indulgence, and not get everything sticky.  And I couldn't wait!

As the last item was completed, and Roon went to throw away the scraps, he walked by our kitchen counter and indicated the cup sitting on it.  "Hey, your Sonic Blast is sitting up here getting all melty."

Ah, flibitiyjibity!  What the?!  Crapweasel!

It was completely melted, and was not the least bit appetizing. 
No I did not eat it.  Gross.

Roon gave it a proper Glad ForceFlex burial, as his wife looked on...heartbroken.
Maybe next time I'll remember the old saying about assuming things.

Go link up with MiMi!  I mean NOW!!!

4 comments:

shortmama said...

Do you have a store or anything for your vinyl?

That should be a crime for letting ice cream melt when people like me havent had any in months!

Macey said...

Um. So basically this is subtitled, "Why Roon needs to be whacked."
LOL
What is a Route 44??? Is it the size?

Myya said...

Butterfinger... it deserved the forceflex! JK, I'm not a fan but NEVER does ice cream deserve to be tossed! :)

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Haha! I had never heard that assuming phrase until a few years into our marriage.