I totally would have done a before and after shot, but I realized that I have no pictures of myself between January 2009, and now. The only exception, is a picture taken of me in my exercise clothes, to serve as a "before" picture but NOBODY wants to see that. Think "The Biggest Loser" before shots...NOT pretty! Basically, I had 4-5 inches cut off the length, and has it lightened a LOT. It had been dyed darker than my natural color, originally. So there you have it. You. Are. Welcome.
On Saturday, Lady (my best friend) brought the fact to my attention that I have failed! I was so excited to post my F bomb Friday story, that I didn't even realize that Friday was also the 12th day of the month. As you may (or may not) remember, the 12th is the day of the month I was born on (April) so it is the day I give some tidbits of information about me. In honor of March, I now bring you the top 5 things I have been lucky enough to avoid, or unlucky enough to be deprived of, in...I NEVER.
- I've never had a driver's license. I have been terrified of driving pretty much since day one of my driver's training. When I was younger, I wouldn't even sit in the front passenger seat. Now, the furthest I will "drive" doesn't even involve me leaving my subdivision, and will only involve driving about a block and half to get to another friend's house. This is only in extreme circumstances too. I usually prefer to walk. I know I need to overcome this fear, but for now, with being a one car household anyway...I'm not in any hurry.
- I've never had an alcolholic beverage. Never. Not even a sip. This is mainly because of my religious background, but also partly because I come from a family that LOVES alcohol. I've seen drunk people dance at wedding receptions, and well, it never interested me. I had some friends in high school that told me they wanted to slip me some sometime, because they thought I would make a "fun drunk" whatever that means...
- I never went to prom. I moved to a new school my Junior year, so by prom, I didn't know anyone well enough for them to ask me out. (Did I mention I'm shy?) Senior year, I made the marvelous decision to have a steady boyfriend who had already graduated. Yes, I was just THAT stupid. Less than one week before prom, he asks me: "So, prom's next week, ya want me to, uh, take ya?" This is also the winner who I told you about before, who didn't know the correct wording for the whole "assume" catchphrase. Yeah..."Sume doesn't like it." Geez!
- I never learned to swim. Technically, yes, I taught myself a few things, and could probably save myself if need be, but I never formally learned to swim. I took lessons when I was a kid, but my medical history scared my teacher, so I spent the bulk of my time sitting with her on the stairs leading into the pool. Another thing I know I need to just bite the bullet and do. If not for my sake, then for my kids' sakes.
- I've never been skiing, water or snow. Nope. Much more the type to go sledding, or riding in a boat, where I can let my caboose do all the work. I've learned the hard way to never depend on my coordination skills for anything. We have an understanding. I admit I have no coordination, and I will avoid making a complete idiot out of myself. Simple as that!
So, there you have that. A few random things you can use to ridicule me. Be gentle!
Now for the fun stuff!
When I first started this blog, I knew that I wanted to host a monthly giveaway, but it never seemed like the right time to start it. Luckily, I have developed a small following, and feel that it may be a good time to start it up. I call this monthly giveaway...QUINCE QUOTE. Why? Because I plan to post it on the 15th of every month, and my limited spanish vocabulary tells me that quince is the spanish word for 15. Plus, since my giveaway involves quotes, I thought it added a nice little ring of alliteration to it, don't you think?
So, here's how the giveaway works, and what you'll get.
On the 15th, I will simply post a quote from a movie that I deem a "classic". As in, it is a movie I could watch over and over again, and pull out quotes to use in my day to day life. If I feel that the quote is particularly difficult, I will include things such as GENRE, YEAR MADE, so on and so forth to help lead you in the right direction.
What do you have to do?
Simply leave a comment including the title of the movie you think the quote came from. If you are right, you are entered. For additional chances to win, leave separate comments including things such as
- Which character delivered the quote.
- Actor/actress who played character.
- Line said before or after quote.
- Situation leading up to the quote.
- Info that you have blogged about the giveaway on your blog.
You will have anywhere from 2-5 days to get your best guesses submitted to me, depending on the popularity. If you already have the movie, you can guess, but take yourself out of the running for winning. I don't know why you would want to do that though! Who wouldn't want a few other free goodies?!
What will you get for showing your movie trivia genius?
A movie night package from yours truly! This will include, but will not be limited to...
- Your very own copy of the movie the quote came from.
- Assorted candy and goodies
- A bowl, personalized for your family.
I should mention that most, if not all of the movies will be rated PG-13 or lower. If, for some reason, I pick a movie that is rated R, I will tell you beforehand. There are a few of my favorites that are rated R, but that is because I grew up on the "edited for TV" versions. Many of the movies will be suitable for the whole family, so it would be perfect for family movie night.
Sound like fun? If not, too bad! Sounds fun to me! Be watching for the first quote to be posted a little bit later today. I'm still trying to decide which one it will be. Aren't you just giddy with anticipation? I know I am!