Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Happy List

Mamarazzi has started a new party, called her "Happy List".  Actually, it's probably not new at all, I've just never joined in, if she did.  I like this idea.  It's a good reminder of all the little things I have in my life to be grateful for.  Plus, it's an easy post, while I'm in the midst of writing up another LONG post of my and Roon's story, which will post tomorrow morning. 


Here is my list for this week:
  1. Boo has always been pretty good with manners.  She was taught very early on to say "thank you", even when it sounded more like "den do".  Recently though, she has been saying words more clearly, and picking up on some new ones.  Now, without being reminded, she says "You're gelkum" when someone says "thank you" to her.  It's so adorable!  I just wanna make a sound byte of it, and turn it into an alert on my phone!
  2. Roon and I were able to have a FABULOUS outing without the kids on Tuesday.  We went to Six Flags, to ride all the big rides.  Best part?  NO LINES!!!  We walked right on most of them, including this:
    thanks to Google and THIS GUY for the image...
  3. We got a new Chinese restaurant in town!  Our town is disgustingly small, and has all of 6 restaurants.  We were so excited to find that a new one opened up, and it means that we no longer have to drive 20-30 minutes to get some tasty fried rice!  Egg Rolls?  Don't mind if I do!
  4. My Lady is okay!  She had to go in for emergency surgery last Sunday to remove her gallbladder, but she is recovering well.  She's been well taken care of (since she's surrounded by family from both sides), which I'm glad for...I just wish I could be more help.  I sure love that girl!  (For those who may not know, Lady is my best friend, who also happens to be my next door neighbor.)
  5. We've started booking our vacation!  Granted, going to the middle of nowhere in Wyoming is a little different than how I imagined we would be spending our summer vacation, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  The most exciting thing thus far?  We are making the trip home a mini family vacation!  We're going to hit up my sister in Vegas, for some free room and board, then travel on to see the Grand Canyon, and such on our way back to Texas.  I'm so excited to get to see my Seester, and finally have a chance to give this guy:
Totally stole this picture of my adorable 1 year old nephew off my sister's blog...
Love you Boogs!
A BIG Birthday Hug!
If you want to play along, click on the adorable button , and link up your happy list!  It's a great way to end, or begin your week!

9 comments:

{leah} said...

Great list! I'm glad that your friend is ok, and you are so lucky to be able to live right next door!!

Mamarazzi said...

such a great list! thanks for linking up...i hope you play every week..and you are so right about it being a great way to start or end a week.

just looking at that roller coaster pic made my tummy jump a little...i am dying to go to an amusement park. maybe someday soon!

shortmama said...

I saw the coaster and I threw up...yeah motion sickness is awesome

Emmy said...

Eric and I went to Bush Gardens on our honeymoon and there were no lines as there was this née safari tour that opened up that everyone was at, it was awesome

Macey said...

I had no idea that there was a town in Texas small enough to have only 6 restaurants...I thought everything was bigger there!

Brooks said...

You make me happy.

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Awww! Sweet Boo! Do you agree that too many kids these days have no clue what manners are?! Start 'em young!

Myya said...

6 restaurants... lucky! We have 2, well 3 if you count this weird small deli thing. Sad huh! I love when the wee ones pronounce words in thier own little kid way... so fun & adorably cute! :)

Xazmin said...

Great list! Love that you got to go on all the roller coasters!

I think I may link up next time!