- JAMES AVERY. More specifically James Avery charms. You see, Lady (who knows me better than I know myself sometimes) decided that she wanted to get me a charm bracelet for Christmas this year. But, if you know anything about the brand, you know the price tag (cha ching!) is a little steep. So, she conspired with Roon to be able to get me a bracelet and 2 charms. Needless to say, it was the PERFECT present! I wear it every day, and only take it off to exercise, and shower. Too much information? So, I am now hopelessly addicted to the charms, and have a wish list about a mile long. Some of the charms I want don't even have special meaning to me, I just think they're cute. That's good enough reason to buy them, right? Riiiight.
- GILMORE GIRLS. Oh how I love the Lorelai Gilmores! I have all 7 (WHY did it have to be cancelled?!) seasons on DVD, and will on occasion declare it "marathon" time, and pop one DVD in right after the other. I haven't done this since right after Boo was born, and I was tethered to the couch by way of a nursing baby day in and day out, but I love how it's more "intelligent" humor. In contrast...Beavis and Butthead, NOT intelligent humor. Half the stuff I don't understand, but that's why I have the DVDs, and the "guides to Gilmore-isms" silly!
- DOING LAUNDRY. This is one major idiosyncrasy about me, that most people just don't understand. When I was a young'n (so young I can't remember actually doing it) I started helping my mom fold the laundry. It started with matching socks, and then graduated to folding towels. By the time I was 9, I had been well trained in the art of sorting, and machine settings, and had earned the chore of doing all the laundry for my 7 member family. I usually didn't mind it. Granted, I prefer doing it now that I got to pick my own washer/dryer/and laundry soaps, but it's always made me happy. I tell myself that it's because I'm serving my family, and blah blah blah, when in reality I think it's because I'm lazy, and would rather let a machine do the work. Admit it. Isn't there something so thrilling about putting dirty clothes into a machine, adding a few soaps and whatnot (I always pretreat before it goes in the hamper), and then letting the machine do all the work? No? It's just me? Alrighty then! It sure beats banging your clothes on a rock...that's all I'm sayin'!
- WRITING SONG PARODIES. I have such a simple sense of humor. So, sometimes to amuse myself, I will start singing a song, but change it to accomodate the members of my family, or group that I am in. For example: When I was younger, (older than 12, younger than 16) we were going on a church trip. My sister had brought along her Boys 2 Men CD, and wanted to play it (maybe it was a tape...can't remember exactly). My mom heard the words "I'll make love to you", and deemed it inappropriate to listen to on a church trip. I agreed, but also found a loophole. What if we changed the words to make it appropriate? I don't think my mom thought we could do it, but the song ended up going a little something like this: "I'll make love to you, on our HONEYMOON, on a BIG FAT CRUISE to the TROPIC OF CANCER..." So on and so forth. Like I said...simple sense of humor.
- GOING TO CONCERTS. I had never been to a concert until after I was married, but in the last 3 years, we have been to 3 concerts (Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley) and we are currently anxiously awaiting April 10th to come around, when we will see BON JOVI! WOO HOO!
Alright, well, 5 things took WAAAYYY longer than I thought they would, so I think I'll call that good for now. I'm sure you'll find out more about me than you ever cared to know if you read my blog regularly. At least on the 12th of each month!
Have a great Friday everyone!