Monday, April 5, 2010

Houston, We DON'T Have a Problem...

I have a post all typed up and ready to go to link up with Myya today, but so far, she hasn't set it up, so here's a little somethin' to help catch you up on my week last week...

Remember when I told you that I had an appointment of NASA-esque proportions? Well, I think I may have built up your hopes for it's excitement by saying that. You see, I simply had an appointment that cleared me for takeoff. Takeoff from the platform of a roller coaster, that is!
Ya'll remember that I'm a freak of nature right? If not, you can read all about it by clicking here or here. Well, because I am so full of awesomeness, I get to go see my cardiologist every 6 months. Really, guys, don't let the green eyed monster take over, some people are just blessed...deal with it!
So, Tuesday was my latest appointment. I always underestimate how long my echocardiograms are going to take, so that took longer than I anticipated (of course) and then I saw my doctor.
By the way, if you are ever in the DFW area, and need a cardiologist, you can't go wrong with the clinical heart center of UTSouthwestern. Them's my peeps!
Anywho...
I had prepared a list of questions (by list, I mean 1) to ask, that I felt was a very important one. Have you ever done that? Come up with a question, think you know the answer, and you figure it's this big life and death kind of deal, to find out that it's actually not a big deal at all?
My question? Would I be able to ride roller coasters.
Why is this question so important?
Well, because as I mentioned before, we recently purchased season passes to 6 flags over Texas. The plan was, that every once in a while, we would go without the kids, and ride all the "big" rides. I don't know if you've noticed, but there are always big honkin' signs at the start of the line that say not to ride if you have a heart condition. Previously, I always ignored those signs. After all, I don't have heart DISEASE, so I should be good. Well, the last time I rode a roller coaster was shortly after Bubble was born. While I was pregnant with Boo, I started having severe arrythmias, that put me on "old man heart pills" as I lovingly refer to them. So, I figured that riding roller coasters would be out of the question for me now.
My doctor's response when I posed the question?
"Are you gonna throw up?"
No
"Then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't ride them, just make sure to take your meds before you go."
So, there you go. I made a big deal out of nothing.
I'm hoping I can convince Lady and her husband to go with us one day, or another couple, so I'm not the only one screaming like a girl.

4 comments:

Emmy said...

Yeah! Glad you can still ride. I had an echo last week and am meeting with the Dr to talk about the results today, it would have been nice if it was just all on the same day cause now it is yet another day that I have to find someone to watch my kids. This echo will determine if I can deliver at a normal hospital or if they want me in the hospital an hour away, which is next to the heart hospital, just in case. I am guessing it is going to be the normal hospital as I keep telling them, everything is fine :)

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

I will not be joining you on the roller coasters. Not for health reasons but because I am more sane than you. Roller coasters are for crazy people.

Myya said...

Yippee you get to roller coaster!!! :)
I FINALLY posted... I'm a loser sorry about that. Really I promise I am usually WAY more reliable.

Macey said...

I used to love roller coasters. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do them anymore. :/
You are such a good linky bloggy friend! I just made that up, can you tell?