Friday, April 9, 2010

So Many Things...So Little Time.

Buckle your seat belts, folks! It's gonna be a bumpy, and quite possibly a long and mundane ride!
Today I shipped off my package to my spring swap partner! I am so excited for her to get it, even though my husband has informed me on several occasions that I sent too much. I couldn't help it, I'm a newbie at this, and would rather overdo than underdo. Anyway, be checking back next week to see what I get from her. I am on pins and needles!
Okay, so I originally tried to post about my first award a few days ago, but Blogger was being, shall we say, less than cooperative with me. So, I waited, and it's a good thing I did, because today I got my second award! My totally awesome new friend and couponer extraordinairre CJ over at Simply Simonsons, bestowed this honor upon me, but I unfortunately don't know the rules. So, I will say, thank you CJ! You never cease to make me laugh, and I'm sure if we ever met in real life, our husbands wouldn't be able to handle it!

Not sure how many people I'm supposed to tag for this, but I'm gonna go ahead, and say 4, because 4 is my number. So, enjoy, if your name is listed below...

MiMi -Because sometimes I think we were separated at birth.

Emmy- Not only is she awesome, but she's my zipper sister. Plus, I dig the "daughter with boy name" thing. Both my girls have it, I'm just sayin'...

Amber aka "Whispering Writer" over at Dirty Laundry- Because she deserves an award simply for watching Yo Gabba Gabba as much as she has to. I would lose my mind!!!

ShortMama- For being the hostess with the mostess the past few weeks, and she's inspired me to lose my muffin top. Mmmm muffins...

Now onto my other award. A few weeks ago, Jennifer awarded me this:


Isn't it lovely? Problem is, I'm supposed to pass it on to 15 people, and well, I'm so new to this, that I only have about 5 more people than those listed above, so I guess I will say, congrats girls listed up there...plus

Myya, CJ, Mamarazzi, Xazmin, Brooks, and Heather. I know I'm leaving someone out, so if I did, and you know I would smack myself for forgetting you, please consider my wrists slapped, and grab the award. I'll repent later...

The rules for this one, is to tell 7 things about yourself. So, here it goes. I'll try to make this short and sweet.

  1. My favorite colors are purple and sage green. Never much cared for pink when I was a kid. I blame it on a form of immersion therapy when my sister and I were young.
  2. I never liked peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a kid. Still only like them now, on occasion. Does this make me un American?
  3. I picked out Sissy and Bubble's names when I was just a kid. I was 12 when I named Sissy, and 13 when I named Bubble. I actually wrote a letter to my future husband telling him he had to agree to them, or else not marry me. Luckily, he didn't object. Sissy's came from a book, Bubble is named after someone. (Obviously, those aren't their real names.)
  4. I have what I call, a "sensitivity" to peppermint. It usually gives me a migraine. No candy canes for me, at Christmas.
  5. I absolutely detest the word "panties". Always have, always will. They are underpants, and you'll never change my mind about that!
  6. Sometimes I break out into song for no reason at all. They're usually made up songs, using a weird accent, or off-key tune. My kids love it, but Roon prefers when I sing "normal". That's not as fun though!
  7. I was a little short of being a full on stalker obsessed with Jonathan Taylor Thomas as a "tween" (Think I actually had that 16 magazine, too. Yeah, I was a subscriber...). I even gave up eating meat for a time, partially because he was a vegetarian. No, I'm not proud of it, but come on, he was pretty hunky back in the day, right? Oh, and I also had a thing for Jonathan Jackson. Maybe it was the name, I was obsessed with...

So, there you go. 7 more things about me. Thanks so much Jennifer, for passing this on to me, and for making me feel special! You are da BOMB!!! Pretty sure, I can't pull that off...

Last item of business? BON JOVI IS TOMORROW!!! Stay tuned for pictures...

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

haha JTT O My I loved him! I had the biggest crush on him when I was like 13 or 14

Mamarazzi said...

panties...lol...my sister hates that word too.

oh my overboard on my package...i hope mine doesn't disapoint. i am excited for you to get it. i need to send you the tracking number. i am lazy, i can see it on the kitchen table from where i am sitting, all comfy on the sofa. eh, maybe the next time i get up or if someone walks by...just know its on the way there. i hope you enjoy it! i can hardly wait to see what you put together for me. woo hoo!!

Macey said...

Congrats on the awards and thank you! I don't have that one. :)
You will love whatever you get from Mamarazzi, she is AWESOME!!!!

Emmy said...

Congrats on the awards and thanks!
That is awesome that you have had names picked out since you were a teenager, we are still trying to decide for sure what we are going to name number 3 :)

And yeah, I think everyone around our age liked Jonathan Taylor Thomas.. though I definitely did not give up meat for him :)

Brooks said...

Wow. I don't even know what to say...

I would like to thank my non-existent readers for making mine a blog of "Beautiful" proportions. Next, I would like to thank Sym and her not knowing 15 people to give this award to. I always love to win by default!

Now, what am I supposed to do with it, and is there a tangible prize...?

AiringMyLaundry said...

JTT! I loved him too. I found him on MySpace awhile back but I think he left it. Boo. And he was at Harvard when a schoolmate was there and she was all, "He really keeps to himself."

Thanks for sharing the award with me!