Friday, May 7, 2010

Missing Bombs and Nostalgia

On Fridays, I usually link up with my pal MiMi for her meme, but today I fail at life!  I couldn't think of anything to write about.  Okay, that's not entirely true.  The only thing I COULD think of was really lame, and didn't seem to warrant a link up.  Wanna know what it was?


I burnt dinner last night.  Like, REALLY burnt dinner.  It was a crock pot recipe, that we had never tried before.  The recipe called for it to be cooked on LOW for 6 1/2 hours.  Well, my crock pot is kind of retarded.  You have the option to cook things on HIGH for either 4 or 6 hours, or on LOW for 8 or 10 hours.  Naturally, I selected the 8 hours on low setting, and went about my day.  Well, I'm not used to having to check things in the crock pot before it's about time for Roon to get home.  At 2:00, dinner was smelling pretty good.  By 4, however, it was smelling much less appealing.  I went over to look in on it, and to add the other ingredients, and noticed that what used to be meat, was now very similar in appearance to charcoal briquettes.  Not wanting to admit defeat, I called Roon and told him that dinner "might" not be good anymore.  I just couldn't bring myself to tell him that I had ruined $10 worth of meat.  When he got home, I told him to check it.  He looked in the crock pot, and you know what he said? 
"You making a burnt offering?"
Needless to say, we took advantage of the fact that it was "spirit night" at Chick fil A...
See...told you it was lame.


Here's some more random stuff from around here...


I've been busy writing up and queueing a lot of blog entries lately.  I know that with the end of school, I'm going to be super busy, so I've been trying to be a good little girl scout, and prepare.  I also came up with a BRILLIANT idea (if I do say so myself...) for a game to play with ya'll the entire month of June, so I've beeen pre-writing a few posts for that too.  If I don't visit you early in the day (like I normally do), or respond to your comments in a timely manner, please forgive me.  It doesn't mean I love you any less...


I have been lost in a fit of nostalgia for a month now.  Why?  Because I stumbled across this:




in the store, right around Easter time.  Not only that, but I learned that this:



was available to rent from Netflix.  I challenge anyone to watch this:



and not be automatically transported back to the early 90s!  Of course, that isn't the first season's intro.  If you want to see that one, click HERE.  They didn't have an option to embed it. 
Roon never watched the show growing up, so he laughs every time I start "do do dooing" along with the theme song.  He doesn't think it's nearly as awesome as I do.  Of course, when I watch it, I'm a 9 year old girl again, and when he watches it, he's just a  31 year old man, watching Doogie Howser.  Why is that not awesome?!

Have a great weekend, everyone!


6 comments:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Doogie rocks my WORLD. There was a marathon on Hulu a while back and I felt those old crush butterflies as I watched his hotness solve all the medical problems. (I had ZERO gaydar back then). . .

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

I love Burnt Offering Night! Especially when Shorty tells everyone for the next 6 months about the time mommy made the smoke alarm go off.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Doogie rocks!

I've burnt stuff in the Crock Pot before. I thought it was impossible to do that so I was pretty bummed.

Myya said...

Sorry your dinner burnt, but Yippeee for Chick-Fil-A I've had it a few times traveling thru the airport. OMG seriously some good stuff!!! Do you crock pot cook a lot? If so, I've got a great recipe for ya... you want it???

Myya said...

Bubble Tape... I've been buying it for my 4 1/2 year old for almost a year now. She is IN LOVE with it! Totally takes me back to when I used to hide mine so that my sisters wouldn't steal it. Oh & I love me some Doogie... you are right, it took me back... way back! ha ha ha

Macey said...

I love doogie howser, bubble tape AND burnt dinner.
Burnt dinner usually means we can eat out, which is probably what I wanted anyway! LOL