Monday, November 29, 2010

Ornamental Bliss!

I don't know about anyone else, but the ornament swap hosted by Evelyn has surely wet my appetite for the impending arrival of my 12 days of Christmas swap package!  Could be because I had a great partner, though! 

I was assigned to Sarah, and I must say that I think she got the short end of the stick on partners. I didn't even have a chance to get over there and say hello until like 2 days before the ornaments were supposed to ship. Definitely not like me. However, she still managed to get to know me well enough to send me the perfect ornament for my family tree!



Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures.  I took them with my phone, because my camera was MIA, and I wanted to get my post up as soon as possible. 


Isn't that cute?!  It is a hand sewn, PERSONALIZED fabric ornament!  I had to black out the names of my family members except myself, so please excuse the unsightly black blobs, but I LOVE IT! 
She included a really lovely note, about the story behind her love for the saying "bless us all".  Her words were touching and heartfelt, and I KNOW that the ornament had to have taken her a while to make. 


She didn't forget about the back either.


My favorite part about it, is that it is not breakable!  I'll often find if off the tree, since Boo likes to use it as a pillow for her doll.  I don't have to worry about it being destroyed, which means it is PERFECT for my house.
Thanks so much again, Sarah!  I LOVE IT! 

12 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Very very cute and the personal touch was so kind!

Megan Harmeyer said...

What a cute ornament! And that much better since it's personalized AND not breakable. Your daughter is a little cutie!

Macey said...

Thats cute! And I actually thought the black blobs were part of it at first. And I thought it was cute anyway! LOL
The one you sent her is gorgeous too!

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

super cute ornament! And yes it is a perk that it wont break! ALso probably machine washable!

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Oh! I love it! Great job Sarah! I think you two were perfectly matched. And I love the personalized ornaments the best.

Myya said...

That is adorable. I love anything personalized & I love even more that it is kid proof LOL. : )

Sarahie said...

I'm so glad you liked it and that it works so well for you! I had a lot of fun making it and getting to know you!

Mamarazzi said...

ADORABLE!! what a sweet gift!

i hope mine arrives soon...i am losing patience...tee hee.

Amy said...

That is so sweet! I love it. What a beautiful ornament for your tree!

Brittany said...

How cute and personal! I love the black on the yellow too.

Brittany said...

Mamarazzi, I feel AWFUL that you haven't gotten yours yet! I hope it didn't get lost :( If you don't get it in a couple days I will send you another one.

Lisa said...

WOW! I love it! And I love that Boo uses it as a pillow. So funny! :) (PS - I just saw your blog 'Rating' - hysterical! :)