Sunday, November 7, 2010

Open Windows

Welcome to my much cuter corner of the web!
I gotta say, that a few weeks ago, when my original designer fell through, I completely gave up on the idea of having a custom blog design done at all. Roon and I had even been scouring stock photos, trying to come up with anything that might work for me.
Well, as the expression goes..."when the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window".
I received an email from Mamarazzi on Tuesday with links directing me to a blog friend of hers who has recently started doing blog design.
I immediately went to check her out, and right away I knew I had found my "window". After all, I already knew she had fabulous taste, in that she had named her daughter "Samantha"...
I emailed Erin, and the process started rolling very quickly.
She is her own custom illustrator, and her prices are VERY reasonable. So reasonable, in fact, that I asked her a few times if she was sure she didn't want more money.
I was continuously updated on the progress of my illustration, and she didn't even bat an eye when I asked her to make a change in adding a DS to Bubble's hand.
We got along right away, and even though I've never met her, I feel like I have a friend in her.
You can see from the final result that she is an amazing artist. The most unbelievable thing, is that she got it done, from start to finish, in 4 days while also taking care of her 4 month old daughter!
I cannot sing her praises enough. There just aren't words for how happy I am with the entire experience.
If you need a blog makeover, please go see Erin. She. Is. Awesome. End of story.
You will NOT regret it.
Samantha's Day
Thanks to Mamarazzi for the fantastic referral!
Thank you again, Erin, for all your hard work.  You rock!
By the way, I HAVE A BUTTON NOW!  GO GRAB IT...

11 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks girl! I loved working with you! What designer in their right mind what make a fuss about add a few things? Your paying us after all! :D

shortmama said...

It looks absolutely amazing!!! Added your button to my blogroll tab!

Myya said...

Your blog looks awesome & she sounds fantastic! I need to add your button, you are one of my favorites after all :)

Macey said...

What the...? This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Congrats!! I'm gonna go look at her stuff! :)

Mamarazzi said...

so cute. i am so happy with how pleased you are with Erin. she is a doll and i hoped it would be a good match. i hope this makes up for my last referral...lol.

Shawn said...

I love the new look! 'm glad you finally have it compete, I know you've been waiting a while for it. Now you have to email me with all of the details with what went wrong with the first designer!

Jen said...

Soooooooo cute, Sami! I love it!! :)

Emmy said...

It looks great!! So glad it worked out so easily this time

Jess said...

It looks great! I usually read through google, but of course I had to click over to see it. Lovely!

Xazmin said...

It's about freakin' time you got a button! This will make my life so much easier! And I'm not being sarcastic!

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Woohoo! Look at you! Can I ask...Not that I'm staring at your cleavage BUT...is that your heart scar or cleavage? I think it would be pretty cool if it was your heart scar...