Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Be Trippin'

I can totally feel my old English teacher cringe from here...
What?  Pasty white girls can be fluent in ebonics too, right?  No?  Oh well, I tried.
What I'm trying to say, is that my family and I are going on a road trip.  If all goes according to plan, we should have left our house several hours before this will even post. 

To get an idea of where we are going, think exactly opposite of this...

By dinnertime tonight, (hopefully) we should reach our first stop along the way, and will be eating pizza in a hotel room, in Albuquerque New Mexico.  2 days from now, we should reach our final destination of Star Valley, Wyoming.  Jealous yet?  I wouldn't be either.

I'll be spending 6 fun filled days at an elevation I am no longer accustomed to. I look forward to nose bleeds, thinner air, and the need to wear footie pajamas to bed. 
Seriously, I went there 2 years ago, in August, and I froze my patootie off.  Good news for Roon, I may require some good old fashioned Boy Scout survival techniques to keep warm...
I'll try to update as much as I can on the actual trip, but in case I can't, I hope you'll enjoy all the pre scheduled posts I have lined up.  
If you want to stick close to my trip updates, and all my thoughts on it, become my friend on Facebook.  Or don't.  I'm actually kinda boring on there... 

4 comments:

beckyjune said...

Oh, you make me laugh, Sami.

We'd love to come see you sometime if you'd have us. I hope that you don't freeze your patootie off this time but, hey, those survival techniques worked for Jacob and you wouldn't have an Edward around glaring at you :)

Myya said...

Safe travels. If I make it over to Facebook I'll be reading what your doing & probably laughing because you always seem to have a funny, sarcastic, honest spin on things :)

Macey said...

I'm with Myya. :)
Also. Your vacays are as exciting as mine.

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Oh how do you do it?!? I can't even keep up and I am sitting in my house! :S