Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Better Late Than Never

This weekend was a whirlwind of fun and excitement.  I loved every minute of it, especially the part where I got to have Roon home with me (while he was still being paid) for a 3 day weekend!  Because this weekend was so busy, I neglected to post my happy list to link up with Mamarazzi.  I figure she wouldn't mind if I link up a little bit late...
  • One on one time with Sissy!  It's not very often that I get to spend one on one time with any of my kids, though not from a lack of trying.  On Saturday, we had planned to spend the day at Six Flags, which would end with a Mitchel Musso concert in the park.  Unfortunately, the forcast called for rain, so we had to come up with a backup plan for family fun.  We decided on the dollar theater.  Sissy had her heart set on going to see "The Last Song" while the other kids couldn't have cared less about it.  So, it was decided that we would split up.  Sissy and I would go watch the "chick flick" while Roon, the boys, and Boo all went to see "How to Train Your Dragon".  I think the most fun part was seeing how excited Sissy was to get me all to herself! 
  • Roon and I had a fight.  That's kind of a weird thing to put on a "happy list" but it really did make me happy.  Allow me to explain.  Roon and I get along so well, and are usually so deliriously happy, that sometimes I wonder if we're doing something wrong.  What made me happy about our fight, was that it didn't resort to yelling.  It didn't involve throwing things.  It lasted less than 45 minutes, and neither one of us left the situation feeling defeated.  I'm happy to know that I have someone who loves and respects me enough to know that sometimes we can just agree to disagree.  In the words of Marie Barone:  "Don't let a suitcase full of cheese, become the big fork and spoon in your marriage" 
  • Girls Night Out!  On Tuesday night I went with Lady, another friend of mine, and two girls I didn't know until that night, to see...
  • I wish I could have found a picture that didn't include Rob Pattinson...
    Anyway, we had a blast!  The movie was good, and I took great pleasure in laughing at all of the people who switched "sides" after the movie.  Yeah.  I was Team Jacob before it was cool.  All the cool people are, Right MiMi?! 
  • Finding out that my Mom reads my blog.  (HI MOMMY!!!)  She had called me once to comment on a certain blog entry about my name.  Blogging intimidates her, and she doesn't know how to leave comments.  I thought since she hadn't said anything since, she must have stopped reading.  Recently, I learned that she actually reads my ramblings almost religiously.  She was actually really frustrated when she couldn't find THIS POST that I promised her existed.  So, yeah.  It makes me happy that my mom gets a kick out of me.  She should, though.  I got my sense of humor from her!!!
Alright, I think that's enough for now.  I better go make the young'uns lunch before there's an uprising.  I hope you all had a great weekend!  I'll be making my rounds a bit later...

    8 comments:

    Liz Mays said...

    I'm so out of the Twilight loop that I don't know how to fix it!

    Too funny about you and your fight with hubs!

    Macey said...

    Yes!! All the cool people are Team Jacob! And BEFORE Eclipse. I've been TJ since the very beginning when I was READING! :)

    Mamarazzi said...

    i am cracking up over the fight with your hubbers. YAY for quality kid time.

    and it is never too late to link up your happy list!

    thanks for playing!

    Emmy said...

    My husband is team Jacob too :). I drag him along to the movies with me. My dad reads my blog but never cooments, he will send me emails and correct me on my grammar or incorrect facts :)

    Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

    My father in law just started reading my blog. It is seriously too funny. Like a while ago when I posted about the house party, instead of commenting he wrote a long email saying he didn't think it sounded safe to be inviting people from the internet to my house for a party. too funny!

    Ah. Isn't it nice to get past the first few years of marriage and now when you fight it is mature and productive? That episode of Ramond is one of the funniest they made. We often quote, "I'll be the one who got it."

    shortmama said...

    My mama reads my blog too every single post!

    Myya said...

    Funny about your fight with your hubby. My hubby & I NEVER fight either... it's weird. I just chalked it up to being together for 18 years & just knowing each other WAY too well. Hubby reads my blogs, well let me take that back - he looks through the pictures. Oh... you & Mimi crack me up. How have I never seen or read any of these. I apparently do not live on Earth!

    Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

    1. I saw that episode!

    2. I spent the morning alone with my son and realized I seriously need to do this more often. It was wonderful!

    3. I've never seen someone list a fight on their happy list. hee hee!

    4. I don't claim a team, but if I did...it would've been Jacob the second I started reading the books. Who wants to cuddle with a piece of ice?!? What the freak!?

    5. I HATE that my mom reads. It keeps me more in check than I want to be sometimes. Sometimes,she denies she reads, but she seems to alot of things that were only on the blog. Haha!