Monday, April 18, 2011

My Forever Friend Turns 30!

About a year ago, I perfect stranger commented on my blog.

I did what I usually try to do, and I followed her back to her blog, to see what she was all about.

By the time Roon got home from work, I announced I had found a new friend. 

I had completely lost track of time, and had stalked her blog ALL AFTERNOON, commenting here and there.  (This was back in the day, when I was still going by "Symply Me")

Wouldn't it just figure that a matter of days after I found this little patch of sunshine, that she would announce she was going PRIVATE.  I was so bummed.

I didn't feel like I "knew" her well enough to ask for an invite to her private blog, and I wasn't smart enough to bookmark or start following her NEW blog before she went private. 

GAH!

What's an obsessive stalker wannabe friend to do?

Enter- FATE.

Not out of character for myself at all, I signed up for a SWAP.  When I received the info for my partner, I was ECSTATIC!  It was none other than my "missing" friend! 

It didn't take long at all for us to become great friends.  Texting, Facebooking, Emailing, Skyping, and so on. 

I can honestly say that she is like a sister to me.  She knows things about my life that I've only shared with 2 other people (aside from Roon, of course), and I know I can tell her anything without fear of judgement.

And to think I've never met her!

Well, we're fixin' to (I blame Texas) remedy that.  About 40 more sleeps until we can claim to be REAL LIFE friends!  I can hardly wait!!!

So, who could I be talking about???


Ugh.  After watching the video, I realize I looked REALLY gross, and you can hardly hear the dialogue from the kids.  Sorry.  I was in a hurry to get this done.  I wouldn't let myself do a second take. 

Head on over to HANGING BY A SILVER LINING, and wish Evelyn a very happy 30th birthday!

Happy birthday, Evelyn!  I've said it before, but I'll ay it again...you are the Wally Kessler to my Harold Green.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha... that is so cute! Happy birthday Evelyn!

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Oh geez! Love those moments when you cry and laugh at the same time! THANK YOU GUYS!!! You totally made my day. It's been pretty blah so far and here I get a whole blog post and probably a morning dedicated to getting it ready just for me!!! Thank you so much! I LOVE YOU TOO SAMI!! I can't wait until May either!

P.S. Poor Sissy! Get better soon dearie!

PPS. I wish I could show you how big my smile is right now. :D

Impulsive Addict said...

What a nice thing to do for your blogging bestie! GOOD JOB! =)

I'll head over and tell her Happy Birthday. This 30's club is awesome, no?

Macey said...

Aww, that's so awesome!!

Bridget said...

Awww, so sweet! Happy birthday to Evelyn!

Mamarazzi said...

aww club 30...seems like it was only yesterday.

i don't care how you decide to tell your story i take full credit for your relationship, so there.

You. Are. Welcome.

Amy said...

AAAAHHHH!!! I love that! She is the Wally Kessler to your Harold Green?!? That just made my day. Now I HAVE to check her out. And you do not look gross! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww ... how gosh darn sweet is that!! So glad y'all are getting together!!

shortmama said...

Both of you 30 year olds are just adorable!

Erin said...

YAY Happy birthday forever friend!

Melissa said...

Hooray, I am so excited for you. Hope your meeting goes perfectly. (how can it not?)

K Lind said...

Happy Birthday to Evelyn! I went to junior high school with her! I'm excited that you two are getting to meet! I know she is!

Myya said...

Awe what a sweet post! Evelyn is awesome & I am uuuubbbber jealous you get to meet her. I remember when you guys got linked up for the swap & we chatted about it & then Evelyn chatted about it & I told each of you how wonderful the other was & within days you guys were gushing over each other & knew more about each other then I knew about each of you. When stars align beautiful things happen & boy did they for your guys friendship. I am so happy for you guys & I soooo hope you have the most wonderful time seeing each other in person.

Xazmin said...

How freaking awesome of you to do that for her!

How come I didn't know this story? Sheesh!

Love that you get to meet her - yay!

{leah} said...

Aren't swaps great!!! I met Evelyn through Mamarazzi's swap too!!!

Isn't she great! I love the friends that I have made. And you are defiantly on my list!


{ps.... if you ever go private... can I have an invite?}

Sandra said...

Such a great story of your friendship... you stalked her! :) I'm kidding! I think it's great!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

What an awesome story! (I love how you said "40 more sleeps" like a little kid. It totally conveys your excitement!)

Emmy said...

How awesome! What a nice birthday surprise and so happy that you will be able to meet IRL.